Why did I choose my major (study program)?
Since I was a child I wanted to be a musician and have a band. I didn't care about any particular career, like being an architect, or a lawyer, or a teacher, you know. . . typical university careers.
As I got older, I understood (sadly) that in this country I wouldn't make money from music, for example to support a family.
When I was in my third year of high school, I knew that I wanted to be a doctor, I really like helping people and well. . . I liked how the doctors looked in their clinical uniform apparently so comfortable and with the gown on top, I thought and still think it looks too cool. So, I started getting better grades (I really got top marks) and studying more, medical career became my obsession. However, I should have worried a long time before about my grades, since to enter that race you need the best grades.
As I mentioned in the last blog, my parents allowed me to have a gap year to prepare to enter university, so I studied as much as I could! But I also entered a metal band as a lead guitar, I'm sure that having dedicated time to the band and to the guitar was the reason that my score in the "PSU" admission test was not enough to enter medicine. But it was to enter Chemistry and Pharmacy, and I couldn't choose a better career. In addition to medicine, he was thinking of medical technology, or even engineering. . . but after seeing Breaking Bad, I decided on chemistry and pharmacy. (I understand that it may seem funny). So far my time at university has been good, I couldn't say excellent, (due to covid-19 pandemic) but I have learned a lot and even got a part-time job in a pharmacy, however it is not my dream to work in a pharmacy when I graduate, my goal is to have a postgraduate degree in pharmacology and be a professor of that subject at a university in the south of the country, for example the University of Frontera in Temuco city.
Thanks for reading!
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario